Blotter for Oct. 25, 2016

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A 41-year-old male was arrested on the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and accident involving injury in the 200 block of South Country Fair Drive around 11:30 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the driver had been involved in an accident that caused property damage and injury after they had been driving while intoxicated.

A domestic battery was reported in the 400 block of West Bradley Avenue around 11 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the police officers had been called to the scene in response to a domestic dispute. When they arrived, the offender was subsequently arrested.

Two incidents of damage to property were reported in the 2300 block of South First Street around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, it is believed that the two victims’ vehicles sustained damage by an unknown offender firing a BB gun at them. The total estimated cost to repair both vehicles is around $550.

A theft was reported at Carr Hall, 1001 West Pennsylvania Ave., between Oct. 19-20. According to the report, the victim’s backpack had been left unattended in an unlocked room. The backpack and its contents are estimated to be at a value of around $335.

A domestic dispute and criminal damage to property was reported in the 900 block of West Hill Street around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim and the offender have previously dated and have a child together. They got into a verbal argument, and the victim claimed that the offender caused damage to a window screen, which the offender denies.

An attempted residential burglary was reported in the 1600 block of Fairlawn Drive around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offender forced entry through the front door of the victim’s unoccupied residence. No items were taken from the residence.

Compiled by [email protected]