Police blotter for November 30, 2016

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Retail theft was reported at Best Buy, 2117 N. Prospect Ave., around 6 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, the offender requested to buy three computers and then left the store without purchasing them. He has yet to be found.

Theft was reported in the 900 block of Holiday Drive around 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender stole a total of seven lawn ornaments.

Forgery was reported at Dollar General, 2004 W. Springfield Ave., around 1 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the offender tried to use counterfeit currency to pay for merchandise.

Nothing to report.

A robbery occurred in the 1100 block of Austin Drive around 5:00 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the victim, a 29-year-old female, claimed that a family member stole various electronics from her home while she was at work. The stolen items include two televisions, two tablets, two computers and one electronic gaming system, totaling over $500 in value.

A 21-year-old man was arrested in the 2400 block of Prairie Green Drive around 2 p.m. on Monday. Officers responded to an armed subject/in progress shooting call and stopped the suspicious subject. The man was charged with possession of 10 grams of cannabis or less, possession of a firearm without a FOID card and unlawful use of a firearm.