Police blotter for Feb. 14, 2017

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Motor vehicle theft was reported at U-Haul, 306 E. University Ave., around 1:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect rented a U-Haul around December and failed to return it.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Pho Cafe, 611 E. Green St., around 9:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the front window was shattered overnight.

A 21-year-old male was arrested on the charge of burglary from a motor vehicle in the 500 block of South First Street around 7:30 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the subject entered multiple vehicles and was found in possession of stolen property.

A theft under $500 was reported at Allen Hall, 1005 W. Gregory Drive, around 10 p.m. Friday. According to the report, cash was stolen from the victims’ wallets while left unattended in a residence hall room from Jan. 31 to Feb. 9.

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 400 block of Michigan Avenue around noon Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s vehicle was damaged by an unknown offender in her apartment’s parking lot.

A domestic dispute was reported in the 1700 block of Melrose Village Circle around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender took the victim’s vehicle from her residence and refused to give the key back to her.