Police Blotter for Feb. 16, 2017

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A 35-year-old male and a 37-year-old female were arrested on the charge of aggravated assault at Lincoln Square Mall, 201 Lincoln Square, around 8 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspects placed the victims under reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery outside of the shopping mall.

Two 23-year-old males were arrested on the charges of criminal damage to property in the 100 block of West Park Street around 2 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offenders damaged property in a local park and were both arrested and transported to Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.

A 29-year-old female was arrested on the charge of theft at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect concealed a food item and attempted to leave with the item without paying.

Nothing to report.

A 31-year-old male was arrested on the charge of possession of cannabis in the 1400 block of Holly Hill Drive around 6:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender was stopped in traffic due to an improper signal. The stop resulted in the seizure of the cannabis.

Aggravated battery was reported at Joe’s Brewery, 613 E. Green St., around 6:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, three male offenders were involved in the aggravated battery, though the suspects have yet to be identified.

A burglary was reported in the 600 block of Alabama Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender stole multiple items from the residence including a safe and drivers license.