Police Blotter for Feb. 21

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Vivienne Henning

A bicycle theft was reported at the Undergraduate Library, 1402 W. Gregory Drive, between the hours of 9 and 11 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, a bike had been locked to a rack and is valued at $600.

A theft was reported at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., sometime overnight on Jan. 18. According to the report, the offender had stolen a wheel from the victim’s bicycle. The bicycle had been locked to a rack and the wheel is valued at about $80.

A burglary was reported at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 7 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender entered the store and then went behind the register to steal cigarettes.

A 23-year-old female was arrested on the charges of criminal damage to property in the 1300 block of South Lierman Avenue around 12 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim and offender had gotten into an argument over the phone regarding the victim’s infidelities. The offender then damaged several pieces of the victim’s clothing by pouring an unknown substance on them.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 500 block of South Sixth Street around 6 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s purse and money from their vehicle.

A 55-year-old male was arrested on the charges of aggravated battery and disorderly conduct near the intersection of Green and Neil streets around 1:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender had followed two women and then battered them. Later on, he was located and arrested.