Police Blotter for March 22

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By Vivienne Henning

A case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 2600 block of Sangamon Dr. around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender had caused damage to the victim’s vehicle.

A 28-year-old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct in the 300 block of W. Springfield Ave. around 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender had attacked the victim in front of a witness. The offender then caused damage to the witness’s vehicle and threatened to get a firearm when the witness attempted to intervene.

Nothing to report.

A theft was reported at Circle K,  810 W. Green St., around 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender left the gas station without paying for 14 gallons of gasoline.

A theft was reported in the 2000 block of Philo Rd. around 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the offender had been a guest at the victim’s residence. They stole $85 cash from the victim’s room and refused to return it. The offender has not yet been located.