Police Blotter for March 26

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A retail theft was reported at Meijer, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., around 8 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, the offender stole merchandise from the store without paying. Some of the items ranged from cosmetics, toys and sporting equipment.

A case of criminal damage to government supported property was reported at Centennial High School, 913 Crescent Drive, around 2 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, the unknown offender caused damage to a window of the high school.

A case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 1400 block of Queens Way around 4 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, the unknown offender caused damage to the exterior of the victim’s residence and their motor vehicle.

Nothing to report.

An armed robbery was reported at Lindy Lu’s Place, 202 W. University Ave., around midnight on Sunday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the business armed with what appeared to be a semi-automatic handgun. The offender then ordered the store employee into a closet and stole money from the business. Before police could arrive, the offender fled the scene and has yet to be located.

A 22-year-old male was arrested on the charge of residential burglary in the 1200 block of Hill Street around 11 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender entered the victim’s residence without permission and stole a television and an electronic gaming system.

A 29-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 2300 block of South First Street around 10:30 a.m on Saturday. According to the report, the offender and victim have been married for four years and have a child together. The offender made unwanted physical contact with the victim, and afterward the victim attempted self harm. The offender was transported to the hospital on an involuntary petition.