ACES Funk Award honors professors, academic professionals

Each+year%2C+the+College+of+Agricultural%2C+Consumer+and+Environmental+Sciences+%28ACES%29+held+their+annual+Paul+A.+Funk+Recognition+Awards+Banquet+on+April+17.%0AUniversity+professors+Yuanhui+Zhang+and+Keith+Cadwallader+were+the+recipients+of+this+year%27s+award.+
Each year, the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) held their annual Paul A. Funk Recognition Awards Banquet on April 17.
University professors Yuanhui Zhang and Keith Cadwallader were the recipients of this year's award.

Each year, the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) held their annual Paul A. Funk Recognition Awards Banquet on April 17. University professors Yuanhui Zhang and Keith Cadwallader were the recipients of this year's award.

Daily Illini Staff Report

The College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) held their annual Paul A. Funk Recognition Awards Banquet on April 17 at the Pear Tree Estate in Champaign, giving awards to professors Yuanhui Zhang and Keith Cadwallader. 

Nominees were evaluated and selected by a seven-person selection committee appointed by college faculty.

Each year, the College of ACES recognizes graduate students, faculty and staff who have provided remarkable service to the College or exhibited excellent performance.

“It is a great honor and a humble experience,” said Professor Zhang. “My deep appreciation for the Funk family, for the colleagues of ABE, ACES and the University of Illinois… Above all, thanks to my students who worked hard and made the things (to win the award) happen.”

The Paul A. Funk Foundation of Bloomington, Illinois established the awards program in June 1970 to honor Paul A. Funk, who graduated from the College in 1929.

Along with a recognition plaque, the Paul A. Funk Recognition Award comes with an unrestricted $5,000 personal award, $1,000 to the corresponding department or administrative unit and a recurring salary increment of $1,000.