Police Blotter for April 19

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+
The University of Illinois police on campus.

Ryan Fang

Ryan Fang

An arrest was made on the grounds of retail theft at Thorntons on the 100 block of South Mattis Avenue around 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect entered the store, selected two liquor items and left without paying.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the Alpha Xi Delta on the 300 block of East Chalmers Street around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown suspect(s) damaged three of the property’s windows.

An identity theft was reported on the 1800 block of Anderson Street at 3 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender used the victim’s personal identification to obtain a cell phone service.

A domestic dispute was reported on the 1000 block of South Lynn Street at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim and the offender are in a dating relationship and reside together. The two were in a verbal argument, and the offender agreed to leave for the evening.

A theft was reported at the Campus Recreation Center East on 1102 W. Gregory Drive around 7 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, a student’s cell phone, valued at $150, and other items were stolen from an unlocked locker.

A sexual assault was reported at 9 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the incident was perpetrated on April 2 in a University residence hall in Urbana by a person known to the victim.

news@dailyillini.com