Unofficial results report new student trustee

Trayshawn Mitchell, junior in LAS, is the prospective winner of the student trustee election. Mitchell collected 1,650  of the  3,627 ballots cast, according to the report.

Photo courtesy of Illini Democats

Trayshawn Mitchell, junior in LAS, is the prospective winner of the student trustee election. Mitchell collected 1,650 of the 3,627 ballots cast, according to the report.

By Gillian Dunlop, Assistant News Editor

The Campus Student Election Commission released the unofficial results of the student trustee election last Friday, showing Trayshawn Mitchell, junior in LAS, as the winner.

Out of 3,627 ballots, Mitchell collected 1,650 votes, according to the report. Other candidates Tommy Justison, sophomore in ACES, and Emily Tuttle, junior in Business, earned 1,065 and 868 votes, respectively. This election was a redo of the first one in March, because Mitchell was left off the ballot due to a technical error. Tuttle, who won the original election, came in third in this one, according to the unofficial results. 

The official results are expected to be released later in the week on the Campus Student Election Commission website.

The election was held from April 26 to April 27, weeks after the original student election in March.