Walk, concert set to show support for missing scholar

A+walk+and+concert+is+set+for+Thursday+to+show+community+support+for+Yingying+Zhang%2C+a+missing+scholar.+UIPD+and+the+FBI+are+continuing+their+search.+

Patrick Li

A walk and concert is set for Thursday to show community support for Yingying Zhang, a missing scholar. UIPD and the FBI are continuing their search.

By Samantha Jones Toal, Brand Manager

A walk and concert to support Yingying Zhang will take place on Thursday evening to convey the community’s support for the missing scholar who disappeared from campus almost three weeks ago on June 9.

According to the University press release, the event is organized by the Chinese Students and Scholars Association.

Community members looking to participate in the walk should assemble on the western side of Krannert Center for the Performing Arts at 6:30 p.m., with the walk starting at 6:45. Walkers will proceed to Turner Hall, the laboratory where Zhang works, and then walk north on Goodwin Avenue, which is where Zhang was last seen. Then, the group will return to Krannert.

Following the walk, there will be a brief concert featuring the Jasmine Fields Orchestra. Light refreshments will also be provided. Parking at Krannert will be free after 5 p.m., and in the event of a storm, participants will be invited to enter Krannert for a gathering instead of a walk.