MCORE resumes, Illini Union restaurants close temporarily

After+Illinois+passed+its+first+budget+in+two+years%2C+state-funded+construction+is+able+to+resume+on+campus.+Due+to+the+MCORE+project+surrounding+the+Illini+Union%2C+all+food+vendors+will+be+temporarily+closed+from+July+8+to+14.+
After Illinois passed its first budget in two years, state-funded construction is able to resume on campus. Due to the MCORE project surrounding the Illini Union, all food vendors will be temporarily closed from July 8 to 14.

Nikita Raheja

Nikita Raheja

Jessica Bursztynsky, Interim Editor-in-Chief

After Illinois secured state funding on Thursday, the Illinois Department of Transportation confirmed that all MCORE projects will be able to resume, according to a press release sent out Friday morning.

As construction resumes, all Illini Union food vendors will temporarily close from July 8 to 14 due to an inability to access the loading dock. Service goes back to normal Saturday, July 15.

Friday, July 7, will be spent returning equipment back to campus. Green St. between Wright St. and Goodwin Avenue will remain closed.

Other roads will be closing again Saturday, July 8. The day will be spent establishing traffic control and closing off the major streets. Green St. will be closed between First St. and Second St.

Construction officially resumes Monday, July 10.

2 Comments

• Stretch Ledford

What is MCORE? That’s the question we have in Indonesia.

• Aly Pudlo

MCORE stands for the Multimodal Corridor Enhancement Project!