Illinois Athletics to host free movie night at Memorial Stadium

The+Fighting+Illini+football+team+will+be+signing+autographs+July+30+at+Memorial+Stadium%2C+followed+by+a+free+screening+of+Moana.+Autographs+start+at+5%3A15+p.m.+and+the+film+starts+an+hour+after.+

The Fighting Illini football team will be signing autographs July 30 at Memorial Stadium, followed by a free screening of Moana. Autographs start at 5:15 p.m. and the film starts an hour after.

By Jessica Bursztynsky, Interim Editor-in-Chief

Illinois Athletics is hosting a free screening of the Disney film Moana and an autograph signing at Memorial Stadium on Sunday, July 30.

Doors open at 5 p.m., and the Fighting Illini Football team will be signing autographs at 5:15 p.m.

The film starts an hour later at 6:15 p.m.

Participants are allowed to bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages, but vendors will be selling refreshments as well.

Be sure to bring a blanket or snag a seat in the stadium’s west side stands, as lawn chairs will not be allowed on the field.

Entrance into the event is only available through Gate 24.  Parking is free in both the Northwest and Northeast lots at the State Farm Center as well as the University’s Lot E14.

This article previously misstated the date of the film. It is July 30. The Daily Illini regrets this error.