Police Blotter for Sept. 21

The+University+of+Illinois+police+on+campus.+

The University of Illinois police on campus.

By Vivienne Henning

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 800 block of South Sixth Street around 9 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender stole the victim’s cellphone from their vehicle. The vehicle had been left unoccupied, unlocked and running.

A retail theft was reported at Target, 2102 N. Prospect Ave., around 2 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender entered the store, stole some merchandise on sale, and left without paying.

An arrest for retail theft and delivery of cannabis was made at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., Champaign, around 5 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, store security called police after seeing the arrestee attempt to leave the store without paying for merchandise with a total value of $68.97. Police found individually-wrapped bags of cannabis upon searching his backpack.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the Astronomy Building, 1002 W. Green St., around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a University employee saw someone had carved a profanity into the building’s sign.

Two University students were issued state of Illinois notices to appear in court for retail theft at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, store security called police after seeing the two attempt to leave the store without paying for earbuds and a USB cable valued at $19.99 each.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1200 block of Beech Street around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender entered the victim’s unlocked car and stole the victim’s cellphone, Firearm Owner’s Identification Card and an Illinois concealed carry permit. The FOID card and concealed carry permit have been entered into leads.

A 42-year-old female was arrested on the charge of domestic battery around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the arrestee and the victim are married and live together. The arrestee kicked the victim in the face during an argument, and they were subsequently transported to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office jail.