The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 15

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported on the 400 block of East Washington Street around 9 a.m. Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole several items from the victim’s residence.

Two arrests were made on the charge of domestic battery on the 1700 block of Bloomington Road around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, two suspects battered one another during an argument.

Burglary was reported on the 500 block of Locust Street around 10 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victims left their front door unlocked and realized on the following morning a number of items had been taken out of the front room.

An arrest was made on the charges of resisting a police officer and illegal consumption of liquor by a minor near Third and Green streets around 2:30 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the police were initially called on a report of a bar fight in the vicinity. The suspect ran from the police when ordered to stop.

An arrest was made on the charge of failure to appear in court near Oregon and Gregory streets around 11:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect’s vehicle initially was stopped because its registration was suspended.

Theft was reported at Altgeld Hall, 1409 W. Green St., between Oct. 4 and Oct. 8. According to the report, the bicycle, which has an estimated value of $250, was locked to a rack.

Theft was reported on the 200 block of California Avenue around 9 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender was a guest in the victim’s apartment and stole a laptop after the victim left.

Sexual assault was reported on the 1200 block of Vine Street around 6 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender sexually assaulted the victim. A sexual assault kit was completed at a local hospital and submitted into evidence.

Burglary was reported on the 500 block of Race Street around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole a wallet.