Dee Brown resigns from Illinois basketball program

Dee Brown at Assembly Hall during the 2005 season. The Daily Illini file photo.

By The Daily Illini sports staff

Illinois basketball Dee Brown has resigned from his position with the University, citing personal reasons. He served as the director of player development & alumni relations for the men’s basketball team.

In a series of tweets, he announced  that he’s “been dealing with some personal issues that have weighed heavily” on him.

Coach Dee Brown on Twitter: “Friends/Followers- I know you haven’t heard from me in a while. I’ve been dealing with some personal issues that have weighed heavily on me. / Twitter”

Friends/Followers- I know you haven’t heard from me in a while. I’ve been dealing with some personal issues that have weighed heavily on me.

Coach Dee Brown on Twitter: “After much thought, I’ve made the tough decision to leave my position. I will always have love for my school and basketball program. / Twitter”

After much thought, I’ve made the tough decision to leave my position. I will always have love for my school and basketball program.

Coach Dee Brown on Twitter: “I have grown so close to the coaches and players and want nothing more than to see them have a successful season. / Twitter”

I have grown so close to the coaches and players and want nothing more than to see them have a successful season.

Coach Dee Brown on Twitter: “I hope everyone understands this can be a difficult time for my family right now. We thank you in advance for respecting our privacy. / Twitter”

I hope everyone understands this can be a difficult time for my family right now. We thank you in advance for respecting our privacy.

Coach Dee Brown on Twitter: “Thanks for your support and love. I-L-L Go Illini! / Twitter”

Thanks for your support and love. I-L-L Go Illini!

Brown joined the DIA part time in the 2015 summer as a special assistant to the director of athletics and started full time in September of the same year.

@di_sports