ICYMI: Illinois lands four-star forward Tevian Jones

By Eli Schuster, Sports Editor

Brad Underwood and company landed their fifth recruit of the 2018 class earlier today when small forward Tevian Jones announced his commitment to the Illini via his personal twitter account. The six-foot-six athlete had offers from Arizona, California and Nevada.

✨T.Jones✨ on Twitter: “With all thanks to the man above, I am very proud to announce my commitment to the University of Illinois!!! #ILL 🔶🔷 pic.twitter.com/es0YGmf5nH / Twitter”

With all thanks to the man above, I am very proud to announce my commitment to the University of Illinois!!! #ILL 🔶🔷 pic.twitter.com/es0YGmf5nH

Jones comes out of Culver City California as the No. 117 ranked recruit in the country, according to 247 sports. He is also ranked as the No. 29 best small forward in the nation.

He originally made his official visit to the University on March 9 and now sits as the second highest ranked player in the 2018 class behind five-star guard Ayo Dosunmo. Jones will also be joining three-star big men Giorgi Bezhanishvili and Samba Kane as well as three-star guard Alan Griffin.

The Illini now have the No. 28 best recruiting class in the nation and the No. 7 in the Big Ten.

@Schuster_Elias