Best of CU: Best live music venue

By Julia Youman

It comes as no surprise that The Canopy Club has once again earned the title of best live music venue. From multi-platinum artists to up-and-coming punk bands, The Canopy Club knows how to put on a show.

After not being able to hold in-person events for over a year, the club has reopened and is already back to having several shows a week. It was a main stage for the 17th annual Pygmalion festival and hosted artists like Tinashe and comedian Bob the Drag Queen.

When Cheat Codes came in September, the line was down the block an hour before the show even started. On any given Saturday night, there’s probably a line out the door with eager students awaiting a DJ set or lineup of local bands. The dimly lit inside is the perfect space for an intimate show with the artist you’ve been dying to see. They have two bars, $3 vodka lemonades and an upper-balcony for those who don’t want to be in the mosh pit. You can host private events or get a VIP table with bottle service. 

The space is open every night from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. and features a wide selection of artists. Upcoming events include an EDM festival on Oct. 28 and a special Halloween show on Oct. 29. Most shows are limited to those who are over 18, and proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 is required for entry.