Girls supporting girls: buzz’s guide to Galentine’s day

Galentine’s Day is the perfect alternative to getting dressed up and going out to dinner with a significant other. You can spend the time at home in a pair of sweats or get dolled up for the most Instagram-worthy photos.

It is a time to just let loose with the girls and to not worry about finding a date because friends are the best dates around.

Brooke Brown, student in LAS, gave buzz an inside look at  her plans for an ideal Galentine’s Day with her closest female friends.

A day out with the girls is the perfect time to plan that spa day you’ve been dreaming about. Make a reservation to de-stress with a massage or mani-pedi to take away all the thoughts that have been getting you down lately.

“I would get everything. You have to go all out,” Brown said.

When planning your Galentine’s Day, think about what kind of night you are really up for. Is it time for a crazy night out or do you finally want to kick back and relax?

Pick your favorite restaurant where you can treat yourself and order something your Snapchat story will need to see. Or maybe it’s a pizza or Chinese takeout night.

“We like fine dining because you have to treat yourself,” Brown said.

She said her night out with friends would start at either Olive Garden or Buffalo Wild Wings.

After a busy day of nothing but relaxation and good food, go back home and show off your baking skills. Anything goes at this point, whether that means making one batch of cookies or enough goodies to fill an entire pastry shop.

While baking catch up on all of the latest gossip and feel free to rant about everything that has happened in the past few weeks.

Grab all of the fresh-out-of-the-oven treats — do not forget the ice cream — and wind down. Watch some classic girl power movies like “Pitch Perfect” or the funniest videos from the internet for the week.

Brown opted for a romantic choice with “The Notebook,” a film that “always makes me cry,” she said.

Be sure to take some time to reminisce about all the crazy things you have done together. Your friends will always have your back, just like you have theirs, so why not take the time to celebrate with a night straight out of a movie.

No matter how you choose to spend your Galentine’s Day, just remember it’s a chance to spend time with the people you love and to celebrate women, whether single, searching or going steady.