U.S. Navy Band to perform at Foellinger Great Hall

The+Krannert+Center+for+Performing+Arts+was+awarded+a+%2420%2C000+grant+from+the+National+Endowment+for+the+Arts.+Out+of+1%2C728+applicants%2C+only+1%2C029+were+awarded+funds.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Krannert Center for Performing Arts was awarded a $20,000 grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. Out of 1,728 applicants, only 1,029 were awarded funds.

Patrick Li

Patrick Li

Patrick Li

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The Concert Band of the United States Navy Band, from Washington D.C., is set to play a free performance in Foellinger Great Hall at 7:30 p.m. on April 3.

The concert band is connected locally through Captain Kenneth C. Collins, who received a Master of Music from the University. Collins is responsible for conducting a group of 56 performers who serve as the United States Navy’s premier wind ensemble. The band’s performance includes a blend of marches, popular favorites, and melodic selections.

Cadets from all three ROTC branches at the University will attend in uniform, and the Naval ROTC will provide a color guard at the start of the program.

Free tickets will be made available online at Krannertcenter.com and the Krannert Center ticket office on a first-come, first served basis.