Pygmalion festival announces lineup, ticket sales

Playboi Carti performing in August 2017. The rapper is a headliner for Pygmalion this year.

Photo Courtesy of The Come Up Show

Photo Courtesy of The Come Up Show

The lineup for the 14th annual Pygmalion festival was announced Thursday afternoon and tickets are to go on sale Friday.

The four-day festival is bringing in headliners like rapper Playboi Carti, Chicago-based Post Animal and indie artist Clairo to perform around Champaign-Urbana from Sept. 26 to 29.

Pygmalion is a weekend to celebrate local music, creation, food, technology and literature, and event organizers added comedy to this year’s mix. With a recent Netflix debut, Tig Notaro is performing at the fest, along with Kyle Kinane and Janelle James.

With the recent rise in podcast popularity, two podcasters are also making an appearance this year: Last Podcast on the Left and Criminal.

A full list of performers can be found on the festival’s website.

Festival passes go on sale at noon Friday and a weekend pass is $150. Tickets are also available for individual shows at various prices.

Correction: A previous version of the article misspelled Tig Notaro’s name and referred to Pygmalion as Pygmalion Summer Festival in the photo caption. The Daily Illini regrets these errors.