Campus Briefs

Chicago Jewish Community Relations Council to host lecture

On Thursday, May 4, Jay Teath, director of the Chicago Jewish Community Relations Council, will deliver a lecture entitled “Israel in the 21st Century: Divestment, Iran and Hamas” at 6 p.m. The lecture will be held in 192 Lincoln Hall. The speaker will address current attempts to de-legitimize Israel, and methods of combating these new threats.

Statewide Leadership Conference to come to UI

Effective leadership skills will be discussed at the 8th annual Statewide Leadership Conference on June 7. The University of Illinois Extension will sponsor the conference. This year’s theme is “leadership in the real world.” The conference will be held at the Hawthorn Suites in Champaign. Registration is $75 per person. Registration ends on May 24 and can be completed at www.communitydevelopment. uiuc.edu. For additional information call 217-333-5126.

Metro briefs

A&A; Christian Music sponsors music expo

The Champaign-Urbana based A&A; Christian Music organization is hosting a Christian Music Expo at Lincoln Square Village in Urbana Thursday, May 4 through Saturday, May 6. Music will be held Thursday and Friday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. and all afternoon Saturday from 1 p.m. The event will feature local artists as well as artists from Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee.

Make-a-Wish Foundation celebrates 20th anniversary

The celebrations are scheduled for May 7. Anyone who was granted a wish before 2003 or had a family member who was granted a wish or was an active volunteer from 1985-2003. Visit www.wishes.org or call 800-978-9474 for more information.

Twin Cities Twosome run/walk to benefit Crisis Nursery

The Twin Cities Twosome run/walk will be held on Saturday, May 13 to benefit The Crisis Nursery, A Woman’s Fund and The T.I.M.E.S. Center. The event will be held at Crystal Lake Park in Urbana and will begin at 9:00 a.m. For more information call 217-403-7545