Punk’s not dead: Sex Pistols will reunite to mark album anniversary

By The Associated Press

LONDON – The Sex Pistols are reuniting for a concert to mark the 30th anniversary of their only album, “Never Mind the Bollocks.”

All four original members – John Lydon, Steve Jones, Paul Cook and Glen Matlock – will play a one-time concert at London’s Brixton Academy on Nov. 8, the band announced Tuesday on the music Web site http://www.nme.com.

The punk pioneers, who once sang there was “No Future,” split in 1978 but reformed in 1996 and played together again in 2003. Last year they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Led by sneering frontman Lydon – then known as Johnny Rotten – the Pistols shocked many Britons with raucous singles including “God Save the Queen,” “Anarchy in the U.K.” and “Pretty Vacant.”

Released in 1977, “Never Mind the Bollocks” is now regarded as one of the most influential albums in rock history. It will be rereleased to mark the anniversary.

Bassist Sid Vicious, who replaced Matlock during the band’s period of greatest notoriety and became a punk icon, died of a drug overdose in 1979.