PETA says Aretha Franklin has no R-E-S-P-E-C-T when it comes to wearing fur

%C2%A0%0A

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK – PETA thinks Aretha Franklin is no queen of soul when it comes to wearing fur.

Franklin was crowned this year’s worst-dressed celebrity by the animal rights organization. Her crime: wearing “yet another vulgar fur” at the Grammy Awards.

“… you looked as if you were going to perform ‘I Am the Walrus’ by the Beatles,” People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said Wednesday of Franklin’s appearance. “You might be a queen, but you don’t know jack about compassion.”

“How ’bout some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for animals?” PETA added.

The other offenders are Marilyn Manson, Eva Longoria (“in her trashy furs, she looks like the streetwalker of Wisteria Lane”), Lindsay Lohan, Kate Moss and Kylie Minogue.

PETA called Minogue cold-blooded for toting a python purse. As for Lohan, the group remarked: “‘I Know Who Killed Me’ isn’t just the title of Lindsay Lohan’s latest bomb, it’s the cry of the animals snuffed out so this ‘Mean Girl’ can pose in their pelts.”

Christina Ricci, Martha Stewart and Alicia Keys have said they’ve given up wearing fur since being singled out by PETA in previous years.

PETA asked people to vote on the Web site Fur Is Dead.

The group said it took Britney Spears out the running because they didn’t want to kick her while she’s down.