Filming of ‘High School Musical 3’ to begin this month in Utah

The ensemble cast performs in this scene from High School Musical, in this undated photo released by the Disney Channel. The High School Musical gang is returning to Utah this month for their senior year. Unlike its predecessors, the third installment The Associated Press

AP

The ensemble cast performs in this scene from “High School Musical,” in this undated photo released by the Disney Channel. The “High School Musical” gang is returning to Utah this month for their senior year. Unlike its predecessors, the third installment The Associated Press

By The Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY – The “High School Musical” gang is returning to Utah this month for their senior year.

Unlike its predecessors, the third installment in the series will be filmed during the school year at East High School in Salt Lake City.

Salt Lake City School District spokesman Jason Olsen says setting up will begin in a couple of weeks and shooting will start toward the end of the month. He says much of the filming for “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” will take place before and after school to minimize disruptions.

The first two movies brought $8 million and 180 jobs to the state during filming. The third project is slated to cost $13 million.