Hysterical ‘South Park’ roars back, satirizes infamous YouTube stars

By Colleen Loggins

Oh “South Park,” you’ve done it again.

Your latest episode featuring the most infamous Internet stars of our time was hilarious.

I’ll admit I was a little nervous when you started the season with the AIDS episode and then did the Britney Spears corn harvest sacrifice.

While I thought the AIDS episode was funny (it was so wrong!), I wasn’t a huge fan of the Britney episode. I realize you were commenting on how our society is obsessed with stars for our own selfish ends and that it’s horrible that we don’t treat them like actual human beings, but it wasn’t funny so much as strange.

I just wanted the Britney episode to be funny, Matt and Trey. You see, I got my cousin to watch it and she had only seen one before this one, and she didn’t like it.

No, the show is hilarious, I said. Just give it a chance, I told her. So she did and sadly, this was the episode that was on.

I think the only part we laughed at was at the end, when Miley Cyrus was picked to be the next corn harvest sacrifice.

But like a true fan, albeit a relatively new one, I kept watching in hope that the season would improve.

The episode about “cheesing” was next. Not bad, guys. I liked this episode. I think this is the first time I have seen Cartman acting like a decent human being, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was the one who rescued the endangered cats the episode revolved around. As long as he doesn’t get too soft (Cartman is hysterically horrible), it was a nice change from his usual evil self.

I only wish I had seen the 1981 film “Heavy Metal” to which you were paying homage.

Last Wednesday, full of apprehension, I sat down to watch episode four, “Canada on Strike.”

All I can say is, bravo gentlemen. “South Park” is finally back!

You combined satirical social commentary with catchy songs and struck gold. I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in a long time, and “What, What in the Butt” has been stuck in my head for the past week! Butters’ performance was exactly like the original YouTube video. When the dramatic gopher did his thing, I couldn’t stop laughing.

I love how all of the infamous Internet stars were there: Chocolate Rain Guy, “Star Wars” kid, the creepy asexual Britney Spears fan who just wants us to “leave Britney alone!” and Adorable Laughing Baby. And I love they were waiting to be paid their theoretical millions of dollars.

Plus, what better prize to give to the Canadians for the greatest victory in Canadian history than coupons to Bennigan’s and bubble gum?

Matt and Trey, I just have one question for you. Where the hell has this episode been hiding?

Please, for all of our sakes, keep these coming.

Colleen is a junior in Media and is so glad Ike didn’t die because he is the cutest thing ever, even if he is from the Great White North!