Cross-Dressing Bandit pulls heist in Chicago

CHICAGO – The figure standing at the bank’s teller window in the large pink sun hat and a pink and black dress looks a lot like Miss Piggy.

Except for the gun. And the fact that she was actually a he.

The gunman FBI agents are calling the Cross-Dressing Bandit held up the MB Financial Bank branch in suburban Park Ridge on Aug. 13.

On Thursday, Robert D. Grant, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Chicago office, asked the public for help in the search.

The FBI made public a wanted poster with photos of the bandit standing at a teller window with his large pink sun hat, pink and black dress, white gloves and sandals. The bandit’s accessories included a black metal gun with wood-grain handle.

The FBI said that in the holdup, the robber had an employee place cash in a plastic shopping bag, then herded two bank workers and one customer into a rest room where he used plastic zip ties to bind their hands.

Witnesses said that the robber’s demeanor was calm and methodical during the entire ordeal. After doing his work, he fled on foot.

The FBI said the robber was a black male, about 25 years old, 5-foot-10 and 150 pounds. And despite the getup he wore to rob the bank, the FBI said, he should be considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone recognizing the robber should call the FBI at (312) 421-6700.