Fun drinks for Super Bowl celebrations

Erica Magda

Erica Magda

By Laura Ude

1. Beer Margaritas

One way to incorporate beer into a drink fit for the Super Bowl is through Beer Margaritas. The mixed beer, tequila and lime flavors are very refreshing and a fun drink to offer at any Super Bowl gathering.

Ingredients: 12 oz. bottle of beer of choice, one cup of tequila, 12 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate, lime wedges, salt and ice

Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl or pitcher, combine the beer, tequila and frozen limeade. Mix until blended and limeade has melted.

2. Rub lime wedge around rim of glass and dip in salt.

3. Pour in drink, add ice and garnish with lime wedge.

4. If the drink is too strong, add water,

7-Up or more beer as needed.

2. The Black and Blue

For those students who can not let go of sipping on a cold beer while watching the game, this drink is a great change of pace. The Black and Blue is a combination of Guinness and Blue Moon. It is also great for Steelers fans because the colors combine to make black and gold.

Ingredients: One Guinness and one Blue Moon

Directions:

1. Fill a glass halfway with the Blue Moon.

2. Add half a Guinness by slowly pouring it over an upside-down tablespoon placed over the glass.

3. Super Bowl Punch

If students can not or chose not to have an alcoholic drink on game day, here is a great option. This punch is similar to a mimosa but without the alcohol. It is easy to make and with its red coloring may be a favorite of Cardinals fans.

Ingredients: 2 liters of 7-Up, gallon of orange juice, package of gummy bears, ice

Directions:

1. Combine three-fourths of the gallon of orange juice and three-fourths of the 7-UP in a mixing bowl.

2. Add ice and red gummy bears. Leave extra red gummy bears next to punch bowl for guests to add to their drinks.