Police Blotter 6-1-2009

• A 24-year-old man was arrested at the 200 block of West Green Street, May 2. According to the police report , the offender was issued a citation for trespassing and was arrested on an in-state warrant.
  • A 24-year-old man was arrested at the 1400 block of Bradley Avenue, Saturday afternoon. According to the police report, the man was issued a citation for a loud car stereo.
  • A 21-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of North McKinley and Bloomington Road, Wednesday night. According to the police report, the vehicle was pulled over and subject to a K-9 sweep. After the canine search a plastic bag containing cocaine residue was found and the man was arrested.
  • A 19-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Dorsey Avenue and North Mckinley Drive, Saturday afternoon. According to the police report, the offender was observed holding a brown paper bag with an open bottle of alcohol. The man was issued a citation for being a minor in possession of alcohol and open alcohol on public property.

• A 39-year-old man was arrested at the 2500 block of South Philo Road, Friday night. According to the police report, the offender bought goods with stolen checks.
  • A 20-year-old woman was arrested at the intersection of Green and Lynn streets, Friday night. According to the police report, the woman was arrested on two in-state warrants.
  • Residential burglary was reported at the 100 block of Mitchem, Friday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment through a window and stole a flat screen television, Playstation 3 system and games, and a cell phone.
  • A 31-year-old woman reported burglary from a motor vehicle at the 100 block of West Park, Friday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole her purse.

• A 24-year-old woman was arrested at the 1200 block of South Sixth Street, early Monday morning. According to the police report, the woman was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and failure to reduce speed.
  • Property damage was reported at Everitt Lab, 1406 W. Green St., sometime before Wednesday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender wrote graffiti on the exterior north wall of the building. Damage was estimated at $300.
  • Damage was reported at the Administrative Information Technology Services building, 50 E. Gerty Dr., on May 14. According to the police report, a sign in front of the building was stolen by an unknown offender.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg