Police Blotter 6-15-2009

• Criminal damage to a vehicle was reported at Marketplace Mall, 2000 N. Neil St., Saturday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender threw food on the hood of the victim’s car, damaging the hood.
  • A 22-year-old man was arrested at Leonards Pawn Shop, 112 E. University Ave., on June 8. According to the police report, the man tried to pawned a stolen TV. The TV was recovered and returned to the originating agency.
  • A 40-year-old man was arrested at Salvation Army, 502 N. Prospect Ave., late Friday night. According to the police report, the man was trespassing on Salvation Army property and was found to have an in-state warrant in his name. He was banned from Salvation Army for life.
  • A 22-year-old man was issued a city notice to appear at Mobil Super Pantry, 59 E. Green St., Thursday afternoon. According to the police report, the man was issued the city citation and notice to appear for stealing a pack of Hostess Muffins.

• A 44-year-old man was arrested at Carle Hospital, 602 W. University Ave., late Thursday night on charges of disorderly conduct and assault. According to the police report, the man was a patient at the hospital and was intoxicated. He made several threatening comments to two employees, one female and one male, and advanced towards the male employee and made gestures as if to batter him.
  • A 28-year-old woman was arrested at the 1400 block of Oglethorpe, Friday afternoon on charges of battery. According to the police report, the victim took the woman’s cell phone and accused her of cheating. The woman then battered the man while a child was in the room. The child was taken into protective custody and the Department of Child and Family Services was notified.

• Theft was reported at the Nuclear Radiation Laboratory, 201 S. Goodwin Ave., Tuesday afternoon. According to the police report, a Huffy mountain bike valued at approximately $120 was stolen from the bicycle racks outside the building.
  • A 45-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of West Springfield Avenue early Friday morning. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lane usage.
  • A 45-year-old man was arrested near the intersection of Neil Street and Springfield Avenue Thursday evening. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of operating an uninsured motor vehicle, improper use of registration and driving with a suspended license.

Compiled by James VandeBerg