Police Blotter 6-16-2009

• Residential burglary was reported at the 300 block of West Washington, Saturday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender broke into the victims apartment and stole a playstation 3 and a pint of vodka.
  • A 34-year-old man was arrested at the 200 block of South Kenwood Road, Sunday morning. According to the police report, the offender was observed walking in the roadway with an open bottle of alcohol and was issued a city notice to appear in court.
  • Aggrevated battery was reported at the 1600 block of West Springfield Avenue, early Sunday morning. According to the police report, several men were involved in a fight.

• Theft was reported at the Native American Studies building, 1206 W. Nevada Ave., between 5 p.m. Friday and 12:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the police report, two pieces of sign-like artwork worth $150 were stolen from the front of the building. Video footage of the suspect will be available at the Division of Public Safety Web site.
  • Theft was reported near the intersection of Sixth and John streets, sometime between 1 and 5 p.m., June 9. According to the police report, a quarter tank of gas was siphoned from a truck parked on the corner.
  • A 56-year-old man was arrested at the Illini Union food court, 1401 W. Green St., Friday afternoon. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of criminal trespass. He was subsequently issued a formal letter of no trespass. The man was arrested again on charges of trespass to state- supported land Saturday morning at the Chick-fil-A in the Illini Union food court.
  • A 36-year-old man was arrested near the intersection of Orchard and Griggs streets, Friday night. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, driving with a suspended license and traffic sign violation.
  • A 19-year-old woman was arrested near the intersection of Fifth and John Streets, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the woman was issued a city notice to appear for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
  • A 23-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of East John Street, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man was issued a notice to appear for fighting.
  • A 23-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of South Neil Street, June 6. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, reckless driving and improper lane usage on a one-way street.
  • Theft was reported at the Bielfeldt Athletic Administration Building, 1700 S. Fourth St., between Wednesday and Friday. According to the police report, an offender stole $500 from an office safe.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg