Police Blotter 6-22-2009

• Theft was reported at the 00 block of East Washington, Saturday morning. According to the police report, the suspect stole an MP3 player from the victim and then sold it to another subject.
  • Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at the 300 block of East Stoughton, Thursday morning. According to the police report an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked car and stole credit and debit cards as well as several checks.
  • A 22-year-old woman was arrested at the 1600 block of West Bradley, Saturday night. According to the police report, the offender was arrested for trespassing.

• Residential burglary was reported at the 400 block of East Main Street, Saturday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment by forcing a window open. The offender stole several CDs, an XBOX with two controllers and several games.
  • Theft was reported at the 1500 block of Montgomery, Saturday morning. According to the police report, unknown offenders removed the victim’s basketball hoop and backboard from the victim’s driveway.
  • A 33-year-old woman was arrested at the 200 block of South Lincoln Avenue, early Sunday morning. According to the police report, the offender was observed staggering into a local gas station with glassy, bloodshot eyes and the odor of alcohol on her breath. The woman was taken to jail where she refused chemical testing.
  • A 19-year-old man was arrested at the 200 block of East Illinois Street, Friday morning. According to the police report, a crimestoppers tip lead to the arrest of the man who was wanted on an in-state warrant.
  • A 24-year-old woman was arrested near the intersection of Lierman and Washington, Friday afternoon. According to the police report, the woman was stopped for a traffic violation and it was found she had a suspended license and a warrant our for her arrest.

• A 22-year-old man was arrested at 907 W. Oregon St., Wednesday night. According to the police report the man was arrested for misdemeanor theft of two art signs that had been near the Native American Studies Building.
  • Property damage was reported at the Ikenberry Commons, 107 E. Gregory Drive, sometime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday. According to the police report, a beer bottle was thrown through a second story window of the building, which is currently under construction.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg