Police Blotter 6-30-2009

• A 31-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were arrested at the 600 block of East Columbia Avenua, early Sunday morning. According to the police report the offender left the scene of an accident and the passenger in the vehicle reportedly obstructed justice by giving officers a false name and date of birth to avoid arrest.
  • Theft was reported at the 300 block of North Randolph Street, Saturday night. According to the police report the victim was identified in a stairwell where there was an unsecured door. Several gold and silver jewelry items were reported stolen.
  • A 25-year-old man was arrested at the 2400 block of North Neil Street, early Sunday morning. According to the police report, the suspect fled the police and threw an open bottle of vodka as he left. He was later apprehended and taken to jail for resisting arrest and having an in-state warrant in his name.
  • A 20-year-old man was arrested at the 100 block of East Bellefontaine Street, Sunday morning. According to the police report, officers responded to a fight and prevented further flare-ups. One offender was issued a notice to appear in court for refusing police orders.
  • Criminal damage to property was reported at the 00 block of East John Street, Friday morning. According to the police report, the unknown suspect broke a rear window of the victim’s vehicle

• A-24-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Goodwin and Fairview Avenues, Saturday afternoon. According to the police report the man was issued a city notice to appear in court for loud vehicular noise.
  • Arson was reported at the 1000 block of South Lierman, Saturday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender had reportedly set fire to a vacant apartment building at Urbana Townhomes.

Property damage was reported at the 700 block of South Gregory Drive, between 2 p.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. June 26. According to the police report an unknown offender slashed the front passenger side tires of a parked vehicle on the street.

• An 18-year-old man was issued a city notice to appear in court at the 600 block of East Green Street, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man was issued the notice to appear in court for battery.
  • A 22-year-old man was issued a Champaign city notice to appear in court at the 500 block of East Green Street, early Monday morning. According to the police report the man was issued the notice to appear in court for battery.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg