Police Blotter 07-06-09

• A 21-year-old man was issued a notice to appear at County Market, 331 East Stoughton St., Saturday, June 27. According to the police report, the suspect attempted to leave the store without paying for a New York strip steak.
  • A 29-year-old woman was issued a notice to appear at Gordmans, 1901 North Market St., Friday, June 26. According to the police report, the woman attempted to leave without paying for clothing.
  • A 59-year old man was arrested at the 1300 block of Duncan Road early Tuesday morning. According to the police report, the man was driving an uninsured motor vehicle while on a suspended license. During an inventory of the vehicle, a crack pipe was found in plain view.
  • A 29-year-old man was arrested at the 2600 block of West Springfield Avenue Thursday, June 25 for driving under the influence of alcohol. According to the police report, the man was driving erratically. He was found to be over legal limit for alcohol.
  • Criminal defacement of property was reported at the Church of Scientology, 312 W. John St., Monday, June 29. According to the police report, an unknown suspect spray painted over two signs.

• Theft from a motor vehicle was reported at the 1400 block of Briarcliff Drive late Wednesday night. According to the police report, an unknown suspect entered the vehicle while it was parked overnight in a driveway. A dash-mounted GPS system, cellular phone and cash were reported as stolen.
  • A 22-year-old man and an 18-year-old man were charged with possession of cannabis, at the 1000 block of West Stoughton Avenue early Sunday morning. The 18-year-old man, as well as another 18-year-old were charged with underage consumption of alcohol. According to the police report, a report of a fight was called in, but officers found no signs of such activity when they arrived.
  • A 24-year-old man reported aggravated battery at the corner of Coler Avenue and Illinois Street. According to the police report, an unknown offender battered the victim in the street and then fled in his vehicle.
  • Theft was reported at Lincoln Square Village at 111 Lincoln Square, Thursday evening. According to the police report, a laptop was stolen from the store’s office after closing.

• A 23-year-old man was arrested at his home at the 1500 block of Lincolnwood Drive, on the evening of Monday, June 29. According to the police report, the man was in possession of a stolen motor vehicle. He was driving a 2004 GMC van valued at $10,000 belonging to the University car pool.

Compiled by James VandeBerg