Police Blotter 7-27-09

A 19-year-old woman was issued a notice to appear after theft was reported at McDonalds, 2909 W. Kirby Ave., Wednesday afternoon.According to the police report, the woman stole money from the restaurant’s cash register.

A 28-year-old man reported criminal damage to property at the 600 block of Sedgegrass Drive, Friday morning. According to the police report, two male suspects broke out the back window of the victim’s truck and dented his mailbox. Another similar case involving the same suspects was reported the same morning.

A 28-year-old man was arrested on charges of aggravated battery, possession of a controlled substance and resisting an officer at the 200 block of East Hill Street late Friday night. According to the police report, a 54-year-old man reported being struck in the head with a pistol. The suspect was located and found to be in possession of 26.4 grams of crack cocaine.

An 18-year-old woman and 17-year-old girl were issued notices to appear at Macys, 2000 N. Neil St., Tuesday afternoon. According to the police report, the suspects attempted to steal clothing from the store.

A 34-year-old woman was issued a citation at the 00 block of The Heather, Wednesday afternoon. According to the police report, the woman was charged with dogs running at large, after her dog jumped on a neighbor’s car, causing damage.

A 21-year-old man reported theft at the 500 block of Bash Court, Friday morning.

According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked apartment and stole a laptop and bottle of bourbon from the kitchen.

n A 44-year-old man was issued a notice to appear at the Lincoln Lodge Hotel, 403 W. University Ave., Friday morning, on charges of disorderly conduct. According to the police report, the man began yelling obscenities and racial slurs at another man in the parking lot of the hotel, alarming the victim.

Theft was reported at Ryder Truck Rental, 1405 W. Kenyon Rd., Friday afternoon. According to the police report, a 40-year-old man rented a tractor trailer from the business in June and has not since returned it, and has not returned phone calls from the business.

A 48-year-old woman reported theft at Eastland Suites, 1905 N. Cunningham Ave., Friday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s room and stole an unsecured handgun.

Theft was reported at the Espresso Royale inside the Undergraduate Library, 1402 W. Gregory Dr., Wednesday evening. According to the police report, an unknown offender stole a computer and iPod.

Compiled by James VandeBerg