Police 8-3-2009

A 26-year-old man and 25-year-old woman reported theft at the 400 block of West Green Street, Wednesday evening. According to the police report, the victims returned from vacation and found that an unknown suspect had made a forced entry into their residence. Items taken included a guitar, amplifier, other musical equipment and a computer monitor.

A 19-year-old woman reported theft of a motor vehicle at the 600 block of East Stoughton Street, Friday afternoon. According to the police report, the victim reported a white 2001 Dodge Intrepid was stolen from her parking space in an underground parking garage.

A 22-year-old man and a 27-year-old man were arrested at the 300 block of East Green Street, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the two suspects were involved in fights and were stopped and arrested. The 22-year-old man had an in-state warrant for his arrest and was found in possession of a look-alike controlled substance. The 27-year-old man was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and resisting an officer.

A 37-year-old man was arrested on charges of aggravated domestic battery and an in-state warrant at IHOP, 308 E. Green St., early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man dragged a 33-year-old woman out of the restaurant by her hair and slammed her onto the concrete sidewalk.

A 21-year-old man was issued a notice to appear at University parking lot B21, near the intersection of West Springfield Avenue and North Gregory Street, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man stole a “no parking” sign from the parking lot.

A 26-year-old woman was arrested on charges of aggravated battery at Carle Hospital, 602 W. University Ave., Friday evening. According to the police report, the suspect was a patient at the hospital. She battered a 29-year-old man, a security guard at the hospital. During the arrest, the woman attempted to bite a uniformed police officer.

A 24-year-old man was arrested on charges of aggravated battery at West Green Street and South Lincoln Avenue, early Sunday morning. According to the police report, the suspect was a patient in an ambulance. A 27-year-old woman was providing medical treatment when the suspect made physical contact of a provoking nature with her.

A 31-year-old man was issued a notice to appear on charges of possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia at South Sixth Street and West Gregory Drive, C., Thursday evening. According to the police report, the items were found after a routine traffic stop.

A laptop and carrying case were reported stolen at the Music Library, 114 W. Nevada St., U., while they were left unattended on the afternoon of Thursday, July 23.

Compiled by James VandeBerg