Police Blotter 8-21-2009

A 21-year-old woman was arrested at the 100 block of South First Street, early Monday morning. According to the police report the woman was issued a citation for prohibited noise.

A 23-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of East John Street, early Tuesday morning. According to the police report, the man battered two other male victims, was located and arrested.

A 20-year-old man was arrested at the 900 block of Westlawn Avenue, early Tuesday morning. According to the police report, the man was an intoxicated minor and was knocking at a residence door wearing boxer shorts and a shirt. He was arrested and taken to jail.

A trespass notice was issued at the 00 block of Main Street, Tuesday morning. According to the police report, a 24-year-old woman was issued a no trespass notice after she ordered food and did not have the money to pay for it.

Forgery was reported at the 1000 block of West Windsor Road, Tuesday morning. According to the police report, the offender deposited a fraudulent check bearing a nonexistent account number.

A 31-year-old man reported residential burglary at the 100 block of Garwood Street, Tuesday night.According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s residence and stole a 26-inch plasma TV.

A 26-year-old woman reported residential burglary at the 2500 block of West Springfield Avenue on Monday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s 21-speed bike from her garage.

A 41-year-old man was arrested at the 200 block of Hill Street, Tuesday night. According to the police report, the man was issued a notice to appear in court for unnecessary vehicular noise.

Deceptive practices was reported at the 2000 block of Parkdale Drive, Tuesday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender withdrew money from the victim’s checking account.

Criminal property damage was reported at the 300 block of East Green Street, Tuesday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender punched the entry door and broke the glass.

An 18-year-old man resisting arrest was reported at the 2000 block of West William Street, July 17. According to the police report, a suspect who was known to have a warrant, ran from the police when police attempted to arrest him on the warrant. He has not been located.

A 27-year-old man was arrested at the 1600 block of Hunter Street, Thursday morning. According to the police report, the offender had a Champaign County warrant out for his arrest, was located and taken to jail.

Retail theft was reported at the 800 block of West Green Street, Wednesday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender pumped 16 gallons of gasoline into a vehicle and fled without paying.

An 87-year-old woman reported financial exploitation of the elderly at the 100 block of West Windsor Road, Wednesday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender had been soliciting money from the victim through the mail and Internet.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the 1400 block of South Lincoln Avenue, Wednesday afternoon. According to the police report, when the members of the house moved out, they caused several thousand dollars worth of damage to the Theta Chi fraternity house.

Deceptive practices were reported at the 1500 block of East Washington Street, Wednesday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender presented a forged check from the victim and has not yet been located.

Theft was reported at the 100 block of South High Cross Road, Wednesday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s business and distracted the cashier. They then entered a storage area and stole a piece of electronic equipment.

A 19-year-old woman was arrested at the 700 block of South Sixth Street, early Sunday morning. According to the police report, the woman was issued a city notice to appear in court for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

A 49-year-old man was arrested in the circle drive of Daniels Hall, 1010 W. Green St., Aug. 13. According to the police report, the man was arrested while walking in the circle driveway for criminal trespass to state supported land.

A 25-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of East University Avenue and North Wright Street, Aug. 14. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of trespass to state-supported property.

A 22-year-old man was arrested at Firehaus Restaurant and Bar, 708 S. Sixth St., early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man was arrested on an in-state warrant outside of the bar.

A 20-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Neil and Charles streets, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man was arrested on an in-state warrant.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg