Champaign police investigating report of armed robbery

The Champaign Police Department is continuing to investigate a reported armed robbery that occurred on Oct. 25 at approximately 3:15 a.m. at the intersection of Third and White Streets.

The victim was approached by a male subject who stopped in front of the victim and asked him if he knew where he could find drugs. The victim replied that he did not know and continued to walk down the street past the male subject. The victim then felt a hard object pressed against his back.

The suspect said, “Don’t turn around, I have a gun. Give me everything you got.”

The victim complied with the demand and gave the suspect $26.00. The victim did not see a gun, however he did describe the hard object pressed against his back as circular in shape, like a gun.

The male suspect was described as an African-American male, approximately 30 years of age, approximately six feet tall, weighing approximately 250 pounds, with a goatee and a dark complexion. He was wearing a dark blue hooded sweatshirt, gray sweat pants and a white t-shirt under the blue hooded sweatshirt. The male suspect may have also been wearing a black “skull cap” on his head under the hood of the sweatshirt.

Fortunately, the victim in this incident was not injured

Anyone with information about the incident should call the Champaign Police Department at 217-351-4545. Information also can be shared anonymously through Crimestoppers be calling 217-373-TIPS or online at: http://www.champaigncountycrimestoppers.com/