Police Blotter: 11-02-2009

A 44-year-old man was arrested for burglary, aggravated assault and resisting an officer at County Market, 331 E. Stoughton St., on Friday.

According to the police report, the offender stole two bottles of alcohol. The offender disobeyed the officers’ commands and threatened to kill them.

A 32-year-old woman reported criminal damage to property at the 2800 block of Sangamon Drive on Friday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender cut about four slashes in the victim’s tire.

Residential burglary was reported at the 500 block of Fourth Street on Friday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the apartment and took a 42″ flat screen TV.

Burglary was reported at the 1100 block of Joanne Lane on Friday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender burglarized a detached residential garage and stole a TV. A vehicle mirror was damaged in the process.

A 20-year-old man reported aggravated battery at the 100 block of East Healey Street on Saturday.

According to the police report, multiple offenders attacked the victim from behind.

A 55-year-old man was arrested for retail theft and aggravated assault at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., on Thursday.

According to the police report, the offender stole a bottle of liquor and threatened to shoot an employee.

A 21-year-old man was arrested for liquor sale to drunks at Piccadilly, 306 W. Main St., on Thursday.

According to the police report, the offender is an employee and sold liquor to a minor.

An 18-year-old man was arrested for first-degree murder at the 2000 block of Vawter Street on Friday.

According to the police report, the victim, a 44-year-old man, and the offender got into an argument. The offender shot the victim multiple times and fled.

A 19-year-old man was arrested for reckless discharge of a firearm at the 2000 block of Philo Road on Friday.

According to the police report, the offender discharged a firearm through the floor of his apartment and entered the apartment of the victim, a 46-year-old man, on the floor of his bathroom.

A 20-year-old man was issued a notice to appear at the 1000 block of South Third Street on Oct. 19.

According to the police report, the man was issued for possession of drug paraphernalia and cannabis.

Compiled by Alexis Pope