Police Blotter 10-27-2009

A 20-year-old man was arrested for motor vehicle theft and on an in-state warrant at the 800 block of East Bradley Avenue, Sunday.

According to the police report, a vehicle was stolen from a 67-year-old man and a 71-year-old woman in a church parking lot. The vehicle was found hours later.

A 32-year-old man reported theft at the 300 block of East John Street, Monday.

According to the police report, the victim reported he never received his passport after he had it renewed.

Burglary was reported at Wal-Mart, 2610 N. Prospect Ave., Monday.

According to the police report, an 18-year-old woman and a 23-year-old woman, stole a bath set, liquor and a tote.

The offenders were not located at the time of the report.

Retail theft was reported at Champaign Surplus, 303 S. Neil St., Saturday.

According to the police report, five offenders entered the business and stole one thermal jacket. The offenders also damaged two jackets. They then fled the scene and were not found.

A 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, were arrested for liquor purchase, possession and consumption by minors at Hanford Inn, 2408 N. Cunningham Ave., Friday.

According to the police report, a 26-year-old man was arrested for liquor sale to minors.

Burglary was reported at Courier Cafe, 111 N. Race St., Sunday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender broke a window and gained entrance. The offender tried to kick in an interior door but was unable to gain access. Nothing was taken.

A 22-year-old man was arrested for possession of cannabis with intent to deliver and cited for illegal transportation of liquor after a routine traffic stop near the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Green Street, at 8:48 p.m. Monday.

According to the police report, the offender’s roommate, a 22-year-old man, was arrested for possession of cannabis with intent to deliver at their apartment.

The police seized $4,365 in cash, 1.4 pounds of cannabis, three high definition televisions and other electronics at the apartment.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the Illinois Street Residence Hall parking lot, 1010 W. Illinois St., between Oct. 21 and Oct. 23.

According to the police report, 10 vehicles were damaged.

The total damages to all vehicles were estimated to be in excess of $20,000.

Compiled by Alexis Pope