Police Blotter: 10-30-2009

Drury Inn and Suites reported deceptive practices at 905 W. Anthony Drive, Tuesday.

According to the police report, the offenders, a 24-year-old woman and a 32-year-old man, wrote multiple checks on a closed account.

Theft was reported at Circle K, 601 N. Neil St., Tuesday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender took a bottle of beer from the business without paying.

A 37-year-old man was arrested on charges of retail theft at County Market, 331 E. Stoughton St., Oct. 24.

According to the police report, the offender stole two cans of beer. The offender was issued a notice to appear and released on the scene.

Criminal damage was reported at the Delta Chi fraternity house, 1111 S. First St., Oct. 22.

According to the police report, an unknown offender broke two windows at the house.

A 23-year-old man was arrested on charges of illegal transportation of liquor and no driver’s license at the 400 block of West Main Street, Wednesday.

According to the police report, the offender’s car was parked in the driveway, where he was passed out behind the wheel.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested at Wal-Mart, 100 S. High Cross Road, Wednesday.

According to the police report, the offender stole money from her employer. The offender was confronted with evidence and she confessed. She was arrested and taken to jail.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested for forgery at the 600 block of South Poplar Street, Wednesday.

According to the police report, the offender lives with the victim, a 60-year-old woman. The offender allegedly took the victim’s checks without her permission and wrote several checks, signed the victim’s name and then cashed the checks.

A 25-year-old woman reported criminal damage to property at the 900 block of South Lierman Avenue, Wednesday.

According to the police report, the offender, a 39-year-old man, started an argument with the victim’s sister. He proceeded to damage a light fixture while leaving the home. The offender left before the police arrived.

Theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library Information Center, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., between 4 and 5 p.m., Oct. 23.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole items valued at $350 including an unattended wallet containing cash, identification and a personal check.

Compiled by Alexis Pope