Police Blotter: 11-05-2009

Burglary was reported at the Sprint Store, 2706 N. Prospect Ave., on Monday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender replaced a display cell phone with a fake phone.

An 18-year-old man reported aggravated battery at the 900 block of Crescent Drive on Sunday.

According to the police report, the victim was battered while riding his bicycle past Centennial High School. The offenders, who were unknown to the victim, fled the scene. No arrests have been made.

A 30-year-old woman was arrested on the charge of disturbing the peace.

According to the police report, the woman’s dog was barking. She was issued a notice to appear.

A 53–year–old woman reported theft at the 1600 block of Hedge Road on Oct. 29. According to the police report, the victim said the offender opened mail that belonged to her.

A 21-year-old man was arrested on the charge of having kegs without a license at the 300 block of South Water Street on Oct. 30.

According to the police report, officers observed three kegs being loaded into a vehicle and being taken to an apartment. The offender was issued a notice to appear.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Vine Street Motors, 507 S. Vine St., on Tuesday.

According to the police report an unknown offender walked over the hoods of two vehicles parked in the parking lot overnight, causing damage to one of the vehicles.

A 20-year-old woman reported theft at the 1600 block of East Florida Avenue on Tuesday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender broke into the victim’s outdoor storage closet and stole items. No suspect information or evidence was available.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the Foreign Languages Building, 707 S. Matthews Ave., in Urbana, between 7 a.m. on Oct. 22 and 7 a.m. on Oct. 29.

According to the police report, a vending machine that dispenses coffee was damaged. $30 in cash was stolen and the damages to the machine totaled approximately $125.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Blues BBQ, 1103 W. Oregon St., before 4 a.m. on Oct. 30.

According to the police report, three unknown offenders shattered a window, resulting in $500 of damage.

Criminal damage to property was reported near the corner of Fifth and Daniel, at 12:56 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the police report, an egg hit a vehicle that was in motion.

Compiled by Alexis Pope