Police Blotter 12-4-2009

Forgery was reported at Meijer Pharmacy, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., Tuesday.

According to the police report, the offender forged prescriptions to obtain medications.

A 28–year–old woman reported robbery at the 2100 block of West White Street, Monday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender grabbed the victim from behind, held an unknown object to her back and demanded cash from her purse.

Burglary was reported at IHOP, 308 E. Green St., Sunday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole cash from the register while a fight was occurring in the store.

Attempted first-degree murder was reported at Dorsey Homes, 1100 Dorsey Drive, Tuesday.

According to the police report, the attempted murder victim, a 23–year–old man, met a female at a gas station. She asked him to meet her at Dorsey Homes. When the victim arrived at Dorsey Homes, he was shot several times by two suspects who fled the area.

A 50–year–old woman reported theft at the 200 block of East Main Street, Monday.

According to the police report, the victim came out of a building and found her license plate sticker had been stolen from her vehicle.

A 55–year–old woman reported theft at the 1700 block of South Vine Street, Tuesday.

According to the police report, the unknown offender stole Christmas decorations from victim’s yard.

A 34–year–old man reported residential burglary at the 900 block of South Lierman Avenue, Tuesday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked apartment and stole Christmas presents.

A 24–year–old man was arrested on the charge of forgery at Meijer, 2500 S. Philo Road, Tuesday.

According to the police report, the offender forged his doctor’s name on two drug prescriptions. A pharmacist at the business called police.

A 20–year–old man was arrested on the charge of purchase/possession of alcohol by a minor and public urination at the 1000 block of South Fifth Street, Tuesday.

According to the police report, a city notice to appear was issued.

An 18–year–old woman reported theft at the Undergraduate Library, 1402 W. Gregory Drive, Nov. 23.

According to the police report, her book bag worth $50, which contained a digital camera worth $400 and a calculator worth $60, was stolen when she returned from the bathroom.

Compiled by Alexis Pope