Police Blotter: 01-29-2010

Motor vehicle theft was reported at the 300 block of South Water Street on Wednesday morning.

According to the police report, a unknown offender stole the victim’s car after it was left unlocked and running.

A 30-year-old man and a 22-year-old man were arrested at County Market, 1914 Glenn Park Drive, Wednesday night.

According to the police report, the offenders were arrested on charges of theft and trespassing.

A 20-year-old man was arrested at Macy’s, 2000 N. Neil St., Wednesday afternoon.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested outside of the store after attempting to steal merchandise. The offender was also wanted on two outstanding warrants.

Identity theft was reported in the Champaign area Wednesday morning.

According to the police report, an unknown offender used the victim’s business checking accounts to make monthly debits dating back to December 2008.

An abandoned bicycle was reported at the intersection of Eastern and Cole streets Friday morning.

According to the police report, it was a black, women’s mountain bike.

A 22-year-old woman was arrested at County Market, 1819 Philo Road, Tuesday afternoon.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested for attempting to steal toiletries.

A 47-year-old man was arrested at the 1200 block of Beslin Street on Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested on charges of unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of illegal substances and driving without a valid license.

Theft was reported at Provena Covenant Medical Center, 1400 W. Park Ave., Tuesday evening.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s medical records when she left them unattended inside the hospital.

Compiled by Payal Shukla