Police Blotter 09-30-2010

• Five notices to appear were reported at Firehaus Bar, 708 S. Sixth St., on Sunday night.
  • According to the report, all of the notices given were for a minor in possession of alcohol.
  • Theft was reported at the intersection of Green and Neil Streets on Monday night.
  • According to the report, the unknown suspect broke the victim’s car window to gain entry, and then stole a GPS system.
  • A person’s driver’s license was reported lost at the intersection of Daniel and Sixth Streets on Tuesday night.
  • According to the report, the victim lost their license while walking down the street Sunday night.
  • Theft of $300 or under was reported at the 300 block of North Clark Street on Tuesday night.
  • According to the report, the victim’s bike was stolen from the apartment complex bike rack Friday.

• Theft was reported at the intersection of Lincoln and Kirby Streets on Tuesday.
  • According to the report, a wallet was stolen from the victim’s truck.
  • A 20-year-old female was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the 700 block of South Goodwin Avenue on Tuesday.
  • A 45-year-old female was arrested for murder of the first degree on the 500 block of West University Avenue on Tuesday night.
  • According to the report, the incident occurred on the 2000 block of South Philo Road just before midnight of the same night. The 53-year-old female victim was trying to prevent the offender from robbing an unknown victim. The offender then stabbed the victim multiple times.

• More than $116 in fraudulent purchases were made with a debit card from a wallet lost on campus at various Champaign gas stations on Tuesday afternoon.
  • According to the report, the wallet was lost sometime Friday night.
  • A cell phone valued at $900 was stolen from the first-floor computer lab in the Student Dining and Residence Programs Building, 301 E. Gregory Drive, in Champaign on Tuesday.
  • According to the report, the phone was stolen just before noon.
  • A student’s bicycle valued at $300 was stolen from Burrill Hall, 407 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana, on Tuesday.

Compiled by Brendan Denison