Police Blotter 10/4/2010

• Battery was reported at the 600 block of West University Avenue on Sept. 20. According to the report, the victim was battered by the suspect, and discipline was handled by the Central High School officials.
  • An 18-year-old man was arrested for retail theft at the 2600 block of North Prospect Avenue on Friday. According to the report, the suspect concealed eyeglasses, contacts, clothing and household ware within his backpack and left the Walmart without paying for the merchandise.
  • A 27-year-old man was arrested at the 3700 block of North Cunningham Avenue on Thursday for forgery. According to the report, there is an on-going investigation into the distribution of counterfeit U.S. currency.
  • Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at the 600 block of Louisiana Street on Saturday. According to the report, a hunting bow and hunting equipment were reported stolen from the back of the truck.

• A 29-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman were arrested on charges of domestic battery at the 2400 block of Prairie Green Street on Saturday. According to the report, both offenders were transported to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office.
  • Theft of a motor vehicle was reported at the 1300 block of Silver Street on Saturday. According to the report, the victim said her car was unlocked and had left her keys in the vehicle. The vehicle was located afterwards, and the offender fled the scene along with two other passengers.
  • A 17-year-old woman was arrested on warrant for the possession of cannabis at the 1700 block of Willow Street on Saturday. According to the report, the victim and offender were in a verbal argument upon her arrest. Both are in a dating relationship.

• Aggravated robbery was reported at the intersection of First Street and Kirby Avenue, Champaign, on Sunday. According to the report, the victim was approached by two individuals. The victim warned she only had a form of identification, to which the offenders responded by punching the victim in the face, tossing her cell phone into a nearby grassy area and fleeing the scene.

Compiled by Nora Ibrahim.