Police Blotter 10/22/2010

• Theft of $300 and under was reported at The Fat Sandwich Company at the 500 block of East John Street on Sunday night. According to the report, two checks were stolen from the company’s check book.
  • Retail theft was reported at the 100 block of South Mattis Street on Monday night. According to the report, the subject stole liquor and fled the store. He was then stopped by officers during a traffic stop and issued a citation.
  • A 24-year-old woman was arrested for theft over $300 at the Macy’s department store at the 2000 block of North Neil Street on Wednesday morning.
  • A residential burglary was reported at the 800 block of Sherwood Terrace on Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown suspect forced open the back door of the residence and stole a flat screen television.
  • A 22-year-old man was arrested for an in-state warrant and criminal trespassing near the intersection of Green and Neil streets on Oct. 8.
  • A 40-year-old man was arrested for an in-state warrant at the 1500 block of West Healey Street on Oct. 10.

• Theft of lost property was reported at the 1100 block of West Green Street on Tuesday night. According to the report, a 19-year-old female offender found the victim’s cell phone on a bus and took it. The victim then contacted the offender by text messaging her phone and engaged in a conversation. The offender wanted something in return for the phone and agreed to meet.
  • A domestic dispute was reported at the 1100 block of West Oregon Street on Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and offender, who lived at the same residence, engaged in a verbal argument.
  • Armed robbery was reported at Collin’s Oil, 808 E. Main St., on Tuesday night. According to the report, two unknown offender with their faces covered took a cash register from the business. One was armed with a handgun, which he placed to the back of the victim’s head and threatened to kill him if he didn’t cooperate. Offenders fled and were not found.

• A 56-year-old male from Champaign was arrested for trespassing, disorderly conduct and battery at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 1214 W. University Ave., Urbana. According to the report, the offender refused to leave the restaurant when a manager asked him to and was belligerent towards the police.

Compiled by Brendan Denison