Illinois Half Marathon 2019

By Mark Capapas, Photo Editor

• Medals for the Illinois Marathon 5k are displayed inside Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

• Panuel Mkungo is the winner of the Illinois Half Marathon, finishing at Memorial Stadium on Saturday

• A man watches as participants of the Illinois Half Marathon run on Green Street on Saturday.

• Participants of the Illinois Half Marathon run on First Street on Saturday.

• Participants of the Illinois Half Marathon run on Green Street on Saturday.

• A collection of food trucks and stores are opened near the finish line of the Illinois Marathon 10k for spectators to visit on Saturday.

• Assistants of the Illinois Marathon prepare for finishers by getting the finisher blankets ready for pick up at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

• Spectators and Medical assistants wait in front of the Cracked on Green food truck near Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

• A bike course marshal gets ready to scout the course near memorial stadium on Saturday.

• A helicopter passes over memorial stadium watching over the Illinois Marathon 10k on Saturday.

• A mother and her child participate in the Illinois Half Marathon on First Street on Saturday.

• A man in a butterfly costume gets ready to run after tying his shoe during the Illinois Half Marathon on Saturday.

• A 100S bus waits as participants of the Illinois Half Marathon pass on First Street on Saturday.

• Craig Virgin speaking to a reporter at the finish line of the Illinois Marathon at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

• A course assistant cheers on participants of the Illinois Half Marathon on Saturday.

• Panuel Mkungo gets interviewed post race at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

• Dan O' Keefe finished 3rd in the Illinois Half Marathon at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

• Panuel Mkungo smiles after winning the Half Marathon at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.