Career Center sponsors two fairs

By Kali Bhandari

The University Career Center is sponsoring the annual Health and Graduate School Fair today and Thursday in the Illini Union Rooms A, B and C from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The first day will be health-related schools only, while the second day will include all graduate schools, said Brandon Bute, assistant director of the Career Center.

“We do have some health-related schools that stay over for the second day, but mostly, its anybody but health (on the second day of the fair),” Bute said.

The purpose of the fair is for students who need advanced education in various fields to get more information from schools, Bute said. There will be approximately 61 schools from all over the country represented at the fair.

Bute said the Center sent out invitations to as many schools “as we have information on.” The booths at the fair then fill up on a first-come, first-served basis. Unlike other fairs, this one is open to all students who “can come and go as they please,” Bute said.

The center expects approximately 1,000 students to visit the fair. Bute said students can prepare for the fair by visiting the Career Center Web site at www.careercenter.uiuc.edu/hgfair, which has a list of the various schools and departments that will be visiting.