Q&A; with Norwell

By Courtney Linehan

Q: How was practice today?

A: It went well. It was a good practice; guys were flying around, having fun.

Q: What has been the team’s focus in practice this week?

A: The focus of practice is just doing your job, knowing your assignments so when you come in on Saturday, they don’t get any big plays on us. We just have to learn how to do our job and the technique and fundamentals for every play.

Q: Do you think people are getting excited for Wisconsin more than they were for Penn State?

A: A lot of people have friends who go up to Wisconsin from Illinois. There’s some sort of rivalry between the guys and everybody around here because the states are next to each other. It should be a good game with them coming out here a top-25 team.

Q: What is the best thing about Dad’s Weekend?

A: Just seeing your dad and hanging out with him for a night at college. Showing him what you do, taking him out, having a good time with him.

Q: I hear your nickname is C-No. Who has the best nickname on the team?

A: I would have to say, by far, my roommate Juice. It just fits him so much. The Howard Stern character, Beetlejuice, they have the same facial features.

Q: You have four sisters and two brothers. What is the best thing about growing up in a big family?

A: The best thing is just having a lot of people around the house; you never get bored living with a big family. That’s one thing I loved growing up. Its kind of weird going back home now, since I’m the second youngest, and I only have my one brother around now. It’s really quiet around the house now.

The best thing was just hanging out with your brothers, playing with them, you always have someone to hang around with in the house. You don’t have to go down the street to your buddy’s.

Q: If you had to pick which of the Seven Deadly Sins you are – lust, pride, anger, sloth, gluttony, envy or greed – which would it be and why?

A: I’m just going to say pride.

Q: You aren’t from Chicago, but are you cheering for the White Sox to win the World Series?

A: I like the Sox a lot better than the Cubs, I can tell you that right now. It’s a different thing being up here; everything revolves around Chicago. I liked the White Sox a little bit growing up; I’d root for them over the Astros anytime.

Q: Did you have a Starter jacket as a kid, and if so what was on it?

A: Yeah, I had one, in fifth grade I think I got it. It was Florida Gators. I think I wore it until like eighth grade when it was two sizes too small. I kept on holding on to it. But it was a Florida Gators one; I used to like Florida a lot when I was little.